Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Romance...

"One very important aspect of motivation is the willingness to stop and to look at things that no one else has bothered to look at. This simple process of focusing on things that are normally taken for granted is a powerful source of creativity..." Edward deBono



He'd probably kill me if he knew I was telling you all this, but...

Stanley is a romantic.

Yep, I just said it - out loud and for the world to hear (sorry baby). Our first dates included picnics at the reservoir, late night conversations sitting atop picnic tables, dinner and drinks in fancy restaurants, walks in the park... It was beautiful. There was one moment when I knew, without a doubt, that he was IT.

It was April, and we were taking our first trip together. We were visiting family and friends in Chicago, and one place he said he just HAD to take me was to see the Buckingham Fountain at night. Stanley and I and another couple were riding downtown and around the freeway when we saw the fountain lit up and majestic in the distance. We hurried over, parked, got out - and realized it was dark and still. We had missed it by a few moments, but we got out anyway and walked around. It was so cold! He and I walked together, my wrist nestled snug in the crook of his arm, enjoying the crisp cold air and beautiful lights of the buildings of downtown Chicago.

After taking a closer look at the fountain (is it a seal? a fish? maybe a mermaid? a dolphin!) I heard the sound of gravel scattering, and looked around to see Stanley carving a large
D A W N
in the ground with his heel. "This way you can tell everyone back home your name was written by the Buckingham Fountain in Chacago!," he said. Ok, so that part was kinda corny - but how SWEET was the gesture! I melted...

That was 11 Aprils ago, and he is still as romantic, still as corny, still as amazing... and I am still as in love with him now as I was then!

Today, as we often do, we took a walk down the road that leads to our house. He had one camera with the 17-50 lens, and I had the other with the 70-200. These were on the CF card from his camera when I downloaded them tonight...


I Love You, too!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, Dawn, it's great to read such happy stories in a time when things are tough. It doesn't take money, but just time, to mean the most, and some little actions from the heart.
    Good man Stanley, keep her happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh what a sweet thing to do!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments. Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon to see what I've been up to!